LSMCA is a non-profit corporation established to promote and protect the interests of residents in Lake San Marcos.
• Take a leadership role on key issues (e.g., lake water quality, traffic and safety).
• Maintain community relations with Lake and Lodge/CDC.
• Inform the community about important issues.
• Improve communications and understanding within the entire community through emails, LSMCA website and social media.
• Publish the Quail Call newsletter to the community.
• Represent LSM in discussions and negotiations with local and state agencies.
• Promote a strong community spirit through events such as the Club Fair, Fourth of July and Members Forum.
• Enforce the CC&Rs of non-HOA members through the Architectural Control Committee
Lake San Marcos Community Association is a not-for-profit California Corporation incorporated in 1971 after combining other Lake Associations that began in 1966. The Association has a geographical area of interest in land in the County of San Diego originally owned and developed by the Frazar Brothers. It is bordered on the north by the San Marcos High School; on the easterly side by Discovery Street, La Sombra Drive, La Granada Drive and La Plaza Drive; on the southerly side by La Plaza Drive, Via La Plaza, the lake dam and the development of ”Varadero”; on the westerly side by Rancho Santa Fe Road.
The Community Association is not structured to mediate or resolve trivial complaints and/or disputes between residents of Lake San Marcos. The Association will study and investigate matters that affect or pertain to the entire community and to its business plan. The Association will disseminate information, and improve communication and understanding within the entire community. The Association will represent Lake San Marcos in discussions and negotiations with county, city and state agencies, the owner of the recreation facilities, and other organizations providing services to Lake San Marcos.
Lake San Marcos Community Association Membership is open to all present and subsequent property owners, renters and commercial center lessees. Each residential unit or lessee shall have one vote. The annual dues are $58
LSMCA is not to be confused with Citizens Development Corporation ("CDC") , also known as The Lodge, which operates the recreation facilities.